Who are we ?
YUX is a pan-African research and design company headquartered in Dakar and with teams in Abidjan, Accra, Lagos and Kigali. Our multicultural, young and purpose driven team of 38 is mostly made up of researchers, designers and software developers. Our mission: to create digital products adapted to the African continent so that the culture, identity and needs of people can be reflected in the services they use. Our products and services are notably used by Wikipedia, Facebook, Square, GSMA, Orange, Amnesty International and InTouch.
What are we looking for?
As we are expanding across the continent (90% of our revenue is made outside of Senegal and 60% in Anglophone Africa), we are looking for a full-time Chief Financial Officer to help us bring the company to the next level in terms of financial management, admin structure and HR. We are looking for someone who is purpose driven and is interested in the challenges of building a truly pan-African, agile enterprise. You will be managing and growing a team with an administrative manager, a financial controller and a people manager and overseeing the work of our accounting and legal firms.
- Accounting and tax
- Ensure the reliability of financial and accounting documents drawn up by the accounting firm
- Ensure the compliance with financial and operational procedures
- Lead the development and use of policies (finance, HR, administration), practices and tools that ensure a flexible and well-controlled organisation, with good cash flow management, activity and communication between teams.
- Supervise the cash flow and payment collection
- Check monthly tax returns before payment
- Analyse tax and bank costs and propose optimisation processes
- Finance & Strategy
- Oversee all the admin, financial and HR processes and improve them when necessary, balancing between the needs for structure and agility.
- Analyse the financial situation (balance sheet, analysis, dashboards, activity indicators and reporting) and coordinate a monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting to the co-founders and board of advisors.
- Manage the P&L, budget and cash flow of the YUX Group and its various business units or entities: Academy, Agency, Looka (market research Saas) and Kayfo (video games).
- Define with the team and the cofounders the annual objectives and key results for finance, admin and HR, and review them quarterly
- Advise and seek the best models for the structuration of our global operations : subsidiaries, holding company, tax, payment tools, etc
- Advise on investment strategies taking into account cash and liquidity risks
- Advise and implement strategies and systems to improve financial and admin performance
- Manage fundraising plans and capital structure for the group of the various business units (working knowledge of raising capital beyond traditional credit lines)
- Support on digital transformation and softwares for the finance function
- HR and Legal
- Ensure that the recruitment process from budgeting to recruitment is carried out properly
- Oversee recruitment, career management, skills maps and training to grow the team.
- Support on legal matters and contracts for clients, employees and providers
- Degree in finance, accounting or business administration with a solid background in Finance
- In-depth knowledge of finance, accounting, HR and management practices, ideally in a fast-growing, pan-African SME context.
- Fluency in both French and English is mandatory. Experience in or with anglophone Africa is a great asset
- Experience in a technology, market research or consulting firm is a plus
- Experience in a multi-country, remote work setting is a plus.
- Capability to use Slack, Google workspace and other tools for collaboration.
- Natural sharing, teaching and management skills to grow the finance team as the company will expand.
- Strong interest for overall business strategy and discussion with top management and board of advisors.
- Women candidates are strongly supported... not to say favored ;-)
- You can work from anywhere at any time, you can do whatever you want as long as you’re an amazing performer, spend time with your team and share our values.
- All of our team members have a competitive salary, bonuses based on objectives and perks (insurance, flights, training, etc.), but we’re still a self-funded African SME, so don’t apply if you’re looking for big corporate or NGO money, car and suit.
- We don’t care how talented you are – we bet on reliable people.
- You’ll have a lot of responsibilities, be in touch with high profile clients, and partners and have to find a lot of answers by yourself like an entrepreneur. But don’t freak out, we have a structured onboarding process and you’ll be supported fully by other team members.
- Our company is the leading research & design company started from the African continent and we want to keep on sharing and inspiring even more designers. We’re not only having fun, we are also fighting to prove that Africa can be recognized for amazingly beautiful and useful digital products – so join us, we need you!
- More about us at yux.design and social media @helloyux