Who are we ?
YUX is a pan-African research and design company headquartered in Dakar and with teams in Abidjan, Accra, Lagos and Kigali. Our multicultural, young and purpose driven team of 40 is mostly made up of researchers, designers and software developers. Our mission: to create digital products adapted to the African continent so that the culture, identity and needs of people can be reflected in the services they use. Our products and services are notably used by Wikipedia, Facebook, Square, GSMA, Orange, UNESCO or Amnesty International.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a full-time Administrative Officer who will be responsible for supporting the Administrative and Financial team in the Dakar office.
The administrative officer will be in charge of:
- Follow up on customer payments, status of cash receipts, preparation of customer contracts and updating of customer files,
- Update cash flow and report to Co-Founders,
- Prepare monthly transfers of local and international employees,
- Prepare payments to contractors and suppliers,
- Collaborate effectively with the accounting firm (prepare payroll and upload all supporting documents to Sharepoint etc.) and provide support for the auditors' missions,
- Reconcile bank operations (bank statements, checkbook requests, etc.) and cash management,
- Prepare team missions and make reservations for tickets, hotels, visas, etc.
- Perform office work (sorting, filing and archiving administrative documents),
- Maintain a staff loan file
The candidate must demonstrate following skills:
- Be trustworthy,
- Excellent rigor in the work,
- Working proficiency in French and English - most importantly writing skills,
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.),
- Ability to manage information objectively, accurately and confidentially,
- Ability to design, work and execute tasks independently with thoroughness, care and method,
- Ability to work with and within multicultural teams,
- Knowledge of accounting and finance would be a plus.
- Women candidates are strongly supported... not to say favored ;-)
- You can work from anywhere at any time as long as you’re an amazing performer, spend time with your team/colleagues and share our values.
- All of our team members have a competitive salary, bonuses based on objectives and perks (insurance, flights, training, etc.), but we’re still a self-funded African SME, so don’t apply if you’re looking for big corporate or NGO money, car and suit.
- We don’t care how talented you are – we bet on reliable people.
- You’ll have a lot of responsibilities, be in touch with high profile partners and have to find a lot of answers by yourself like an entrepreneur. But don’t freak out, we have a structured onboarding process and you’ll be supported fully by other team members.
- Our company is the leading research & design company started from the African continent and we want to keep on sharing and inspiring even more designers. We’re not only having fun, we are also fighting to prove that Africa can be recognized for amazingly beautiful and useful digital products – so join us, we need you!
- More about us at yux.design and social media @helloyux