Who are we ?
Launched in may 2016, YUX is an African company specialized in UX and Human Centered Design. Our mission is to co-create digital products and services with Africans communities. We are now a team of 38 people based in Dakar, Abidjan, Lagos, Accra and Kigali and we have partnered with leading organizations like Facebook, Wikipedia, GSMA, Amnesty International or Square for projects all over the continent.
Our multicultural, ambitious and slightly crazy team is made up of designers, developers and ux researchers and as part of the development of our Strategy and Design services in Africa, we are looking for a UX-UI designer with at least 3 year of experience in UX-UI.
- You master digital interface creation tools (Figma, Sketch or Adobe XD at least), prototyping tools (InVision, Marvel, etc) and graphic design tools (Illustrator, etc)
- You have at least 3 years experience in digital product design in Africa
- You fully comprehend and master the UX process, particularly the information architecture and wireframing steps
- You are very rigorous and perfectionist
- You know how to work under pressure and in a team
- An experience in front end development/integration would be great
- You are sincerely interested in sharing your knowledge and training younger designers
- You are (really) humble
- You speak English, French is a plus
You will work full-time on high-level projects for our global and local clients and specifically on
- Understanding client needs with our project managers
- Creating user scenarios, user flows, sitemaps and wireframes
- Participating and/or animating co-conception workshops and design sprints with our clients and our research team
- Designing web and mobile interfaces
- User tests
- UX and UI quality control of products from our Innovation Lab
- Up-skilling the junior UX-UI designers, including through the YUX Design Academy
- Represent YUX at conferences and event if needed
If you think your skills and values fit with this offer, apply below !
- All of our team members have a competitive salary, bonuses based on objectives, perks (insurance, flights, training, etc.) and internal training. But we’re still a startup, so don’t come here if you’re looking for big NGO money!
- We don’t care how talented you are – we bet first on reliable people.
- Applications from women are strongly encouraged, we all know you are more reliable and mature than men ;-)
- We want to keep on sharing and inspiring even more designers across the continent. We’re not only having fun, we are also fighting to prove that Africa can be recognized for amazingly beautiful and useful digital products – so join us, we need you!
- Don’t forget to add your portfolio when you apply! Good luck.