Who are we ?
YUX is a pan-African research and design company whose mission is to democratize experience design and create digital products adapted to the African continent. We are a team of +30 ambitious researchers, designers, and geeks based between Dakar, Abidjan, Accra, Kigali and Lagos. Our partners include Facebook, Square, GSMA, Orange, Amnesty, UNESCO, and many local startups, which we support in building amazing products all over Africa. We are also the company behind the fast growing saas platform LOOKA and the YUX Design Academy.
What are we looking for?
Since our start in 2016, we have built a reputation as the leading African company in the fields of UX and Human-Centered Design. Our communication is pretty good, notably in showcasing our team spirit and talent, but we are growing fast now and working all across the globe. That’s why we need to get to the next level in terms of storytelling and content marketing. We should be bold in our communication and let the world know about the great work that our ambitious African team is doing.
Thus, we are looking for a full-time multimedia designer with at least 3-4 years of experience to produce high-end visual, video, and animated content showcasing our work and team. You’ll be part of our 3-person communication team.
- Emerge yourself in our company culture, meet with our team members, understand our client's projects and our own products.
- Write scripts and build the story-telling for video and animated content showcasing our work and impact.
- Shoot videos and take pictures
- Edit video content and add animations to create appealing experiences
- Sometimes design visuals and research reports to make our work understandable by all
- Sometimes record and edit audio content for our podcast series Rising Design Africa
- Sometimes travel across Africa to shoot videos and pictures of our work.
- You have 3 to 4 years of experience in video editing and visual design
- You’re reliable, organized and focused on your job (not working for 5 companies at the same time)
- You have a strong identity as a designer and it’s important for you to create content that reflects African cultures.
- You’re good at telling stories and writing scripts that touch people’s emotions
- You can speak and write in English
- Experience in communication, branding, and inbound marketing is a plus
- Animation and motion design skills is a plus
- Experience in podcast creation is a plus
- Our communication team is based in Dakar but frankly, you can work from anywhere at any time, as long as you’re an amazing performer and care for your teammates.
- All of our team members have a competitive salary, bonuses based on objectives, perks (insurance, flights, training, etc.) and internal training. But we’re still a startup, so don’t come here if you’re looking for big NGO money!
- We don’t care how talented you are – we bet first on reliable people.
- Applications from women are strongly encouraged, we all know you are more reliable and mature than men ;-)
- We want to keep on sharing and inspiring even more designers across the continent. We’re not only having fun, we are also fighting to prove that Africa can be recognized for amazingly beautiful and useful digital products – so join us, we need you!
- Don’t forget to add your portfolio or link to some videos you created when you apply! Good luck.