Fears, needs and reactions to COVID-19 in Dakar. In depth-analysis of 252 phone surveys to spark initiatives against the pandemic together.
This quantitative research by LOOKA, a data collection service powered by YUX, is based on a sample of more than 252 residents in Dakar and its suburbs, who express their fears, needs and reactions to the coronavirus pandemic. This report is made freely available in both English and French as an expression of our solidarity in the face of the rapidly mounting COVID-19 threat in Africa.
We hope that the data provided here and its analysis will serve to provide orientation, spark more initiatives and favor public-private partnerships in Senegal and beyond to combat the spread of the coronavirus.
SCOPE & METHODOLOGY
Timeline: Friday, March 27th — Tuesday, March 31st 2020
Quantitative: 252 phone surveys by trained LOOKA surveyors
Scope: 17 neighborhoods of Dakar and its suburbs
TOP 5 KEY FINDINGS
- 88% of respondents are worried or very worried
- 25% already can no longer work
- 75% are willing to or already receive all payments through mobile transfers
- 51% wish for a home-delivery platform
- 33% are struggling to find bread, 49% hand sanitizer, 29% masks
For more information on this report or ideas for COVID initiatives, contact email@example.com