YUX is a pan-African research & design company founded in 2016 in Senegal. We mix social sciences, design thinking and technology to co-create services tailored to African communities and their diversity. YUX is today a multicultural team of 50 full-time people based between Dakar, Abidjan, Lagos, Kigali, Nairobi, and Accra and we partner with global organizations like Gates Foundation, UNICEF, MSF, IRC, Google, Wikipedia, GSMA, Orange, MTN and many local startups for projects in health, education, agriculture and fintech. In order to inspire and make UX and Human Centered Design accessible in Africa, we created the market research software LOOKA, the YUX Design Academy and the video game studio Kayfo.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR
As we continue to grow across the continent and structure our company, we are seeking a skilled and experienced Accounting Manager to join our finance team based in Dakar.
- Weekly update of admin and accounting doc (invoice sent and received, tax, etc) in the software
- Monthly review with our accounting firm
- Manage the day-to-day financial operations of the company, ensuring accuracy and compliance with accounting standards.
- Oversee the general ledger, accounts payable, and accounts receivable functions.
- Mentor and align with your teammates: 1 Admin manager, 1 people Manager, 1 People Assistant. Provide guidance on accounting issues and ensure team members stay updated on relevant regulations.
- Foster a collaborative and high-performing work environment with our accounting firm and auditors and other partners.
- Prepare and review monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Coordinate with external auditors and support the year-end audit process.
- Conduct regular financial analysis and provide insights to support strategic decision-making.
- Budgeting and Forecasting:
- Collaborate with department heads to develop and manage the annual budget.
- Assist in forecasting financial trends and identifying areas for cost optimization.
- Develop and implement accounting policies and procedures to strengthen internal controls.
- Stay current on accounting regulations and ensure compliance with relevant laws.
- Collaborate with other departments, providing financial insights to support project planning and execution.
- Work closely with the executive team to contribute to overall company strategy.
- Degree in finance, accounting related field and/or proven experience as an Accounting Manager, preferably in a service-based company or agency
- World-class rigor and reliability
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and OHADA framework. Knowledge of the IFRS framework is a plus as we plan to open offices in east Africa
- Advanced proficiency in accounting software (e.g., Sage, QuickBooks, etc) and Excel / Sheets.
- Fluency in French and intermediate level in English.
- Experience in a multi-country, remote work setting. Ability to use Slack, Google workspace and other tools for collaboration.
- Strong humility and adaptability in a multicultural environment.
- Natural teaching and management skills to grow the finance team as the company expands.
- Strong interest for overall business strategy and discussion with top management and board of advisors.
- Women candidates are strongly supported.
- Our salary proposition is between 700,000 and 1,200,000 CFA net depending on the experience and leadership potential.
- Total work flexibility and autonomy - we don’t care where you are as long as you meet with your colleagues when needed, are super efficient and grow your leadership within the company
- We think we have one of the best work environments in Senegal and outside of our competitive salaries, we offer great, non-material benefits (insurance, annual flight, training, etc.) - read more about it here - however we’re still a self-funded African SME, so don’t apply if you're still somewhat attracted by big corporate or NGO money, cars and suits and bureaucracy.
- Our company is the leading research & design company started from the African continent and we want to keep on sharing and inspiring even more people. We are having fun and also fighting to make sure African identities and communities are represented in the new services and products developed – so join us, we need you!
We are a match?!
Please send your CV and just a few words of motivation (not a formal letter!) Good luck!