YUX is a pan-African research and design company. We imagine an Africa where people's needs, culture & identity are reflected in the products that they use - that is why we support organizations of all sizes in creating solutions that are adapted to the African continent. We are a multicultural team of 50 researchers, designers and engineers based between Dakar, Abidjan, Kigali, Nairobi, Accra and Lagos and we partner with global organizations like Wikipedia, Médecins Sans Frontières, UNICEF, IRC, Wikipedia and Google. To inspire others and make human centered design more accessible, we created the research software LOOKA and the YUX Design Academy.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a young and driven project manager with experience in digital health to support and inform a program in partnership with the Gates Foundation and the Ministry of Health in Senegal focused on Family Planning. The goal of this engagement, which could then expand to other countries, is to adapt the project Pathways initiatives to the Senegalese context. Senegal is the 5th country in the world chosen to implement this highly innovative, data and design-driven approach. Outside of this project, we hope the person can later lead or be part of the health practice team at YUX that works on research and design projects with global health organizations across the continent.
- Lead the adaptation and implementation of reproductive health projects, aligning them with client expectations and the Senegalese health landscape.
- Provide reproductive health expertise to guide project strategies and interventions.
- Monitor and evaluate project results, ensuring that they correspond to health indicators and community needs.
- Contribute to the development of health policies and strategies, based on project ideas and research.
- Communicate regularly on the project updates; milestones and insights to keep stakeholders informed and engaged throughout the entire initiative
- Have a deep understanding of the clients’ goals and priorities related to the family planning program
- Collaborate closely with the clients and different stakeholders to co-create solutions around digital health strategies related to the overall objectives of the Family planning program
- Proactively implement effective conflict resolution strategies to maintain a positive working relationship
- Gather feedback from client and the other stakeholders on project deliverables and overall collaboration for a continuous project improvement
- 2 to 3 years of experience in project management and client management, preferably in several initiatives in Senegal
- Good experience in qualitative research in Africa - experience in quantitative research is a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain strong client relationships.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong knowledge of reproductive health principles and practices (focus on Maternal and family planning.
- Fluent in English (Native Speaker)
- Proficiency in French is an advantage
WHAT WE OFFER
- Women candidates are strongly supported.
- You can work from anywhere in Dakar at any time as long as you’re an amazing performer, meet weekly with your YUX colleagues and share our values. Read more here about why we are a people first company
- You’ll have a lot of responsibilities, be in touch with high profile partners and have to find a lot of answers by yourself like an entrepreneur.
- This position and salary can grow if we’re successful and manage to replicate similar initiatives in other countries. We also offer a bonus for leadership positions in our industry verticals Health, Education, Agriculture and Fintech, if you’d like to take one ;-)
- We provide health insurance, annual flight tickets, support to go to international conferences, a laptop, training budget and internal training programs.
- Our company is the leading research & design company started from the African continent and we want to keep on sharing and inspiring even more – so join us, we need you!
- More about us at yux.design and social media @helloyux
HOW TO APPLY
- Apply now by sending your resume and a few words of motivation (please, not a boring cover letter)