Who are we ?
YUX is a pan-African research and design company headquartered in Dakar and with teams in Abidjan, Accra, Lagos and Kigali. Our multicultural, young and purpose driven team of 40 is mostly made up of researchers, designers and software developers. Our mission: to create digital products adapted to the African continent so that the culture, identity and needs of people can be reflected in the services they use. Our products and services are notably used by Wikipedia, Google, Facebook, Square, GSMA, Orange, UNESCO and Amnesty International.
What are we looking for?
Our multicultural, ambitious and slightly crazy team is composed of designers, developers and UX researchers. As part of the development of our strategy and research services in English-speaking Africa, we are looking for a Senior UX Researcher with at least 5 years of experience in research and in the use of UX or HCD methodologies.
- Lead end-to-end UX research and design projects (multi-method study design, benchmarking studies, conducting interviews, focus groups, usability testing, survey design, recruiting, diary research, analysis, reporting, synthesis and design workshops).
- Use a variety of communication tools to share research insights across the organization (powerpoint/slides presentations, posters, workshops, blog posts, short videos, and other communication tools).
- Drive prioritization of the research roadmaps by collaborating with YUX team and clients to help the team focus on research initiatives that can have the most impact.
- Present research insights that are actionable and compelling through creative presentations and deliverables across YUX.
- Animate workshops with clients and users to co-create together.
- Help extend our user experience research processes.
- Train other Yuxies on UX Research.
- Work collectively to reach our company objectives.
- 3-5 years experience as a UX researcher, qualitative research consultant or similar.
- Experience in conducting user research using a combination of qualitative methods (e.g., in-depth interviews, focus groups, contextual inquiry or observations, ethnography, usability testing, diary testing, etc ).
- Experience in organizing and facilitating synthesis and design workshops
- Strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods and tools (user journeys, personas, empathy map, ecosystem mapping, feature priorisation, concept prototyping, product roadmaps, etc).
- Strong analytical skills and capacity to make sense of research insights
- Critical-thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Team player, great interpersonal and communication skills and a lot of natural empathy
- Perfect English. French is a plus but not mandatory at all.
- Women candidates are strongly supported... not to say favored ;-)
- You can work from anywhere at any time as long as you’re an amazing performer, spend time with your team/colleagues and share our values.
- All of our team members have a competitive salary, bonuses based on objectives and perks (insurance, flights, training, etc.), but we’re still a self-funded African SME, so don’t apply if you’re looking for big corporate or NGO money, car and suit.
- We don’t care how talented you are – we bet on reliable people.
- You’ll have a lot of responsibilities, be in touch with high profile partners and have to find a lot of answers by yourself like an entrepreneur. But don’t freak out, we have a structured onboarding process and you’ll be supported fully by other team members.
- Our company is the leading research & design company started from the African continent and we want to keep on sharing and inspiring even more designers. We’re not only having fun, we are also fighting to prove that Africa can be recognized for amazingly beautiful and useful digital products – so join us, we need you!
- More about us at yux.design and social media @helloyux