YUX is a pan-African research and design company. We imagine an Africa where people's needs, culture & identity are reflected in the products that they use - that is why we support organizations of all sizes in creating solutions that are adapted to the African continent. We are a multicultural team of 50 researchers, designers and engineers based between Dakar, Abidjan, Kigali, Nairobi, Accra and Lagos and we partner with global organizations like Wikipedia, Médecins Sans Frontières, UNICEF, IRC, Wikipedia and Google. To inspire others and make human centered design more accessible, we created the research software LOOKA and the YUX Design Academy.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a young professional passionate about Maternal & Reproductive Health to support and inform a program in partnership with the Gates Foundation and the Ministry of Health in Senegal focused on Family Planning. The goal of this engagement, which could then expand to other countries, is to adapt the project Pathways initiatives to the Senegalese context. Senegal is the 5th country in the world chosen to implement this highly innovative, data and design-driven approach. Outside of this project, we hope the person can later lead or be part of the health practice team at YUX that works on research and design projects with global health organizations across the continent.
- Desk Research / Literature review
- Explore the current state of family planning globally and within Africa.
- Research & document the main factors influencing family planning decisions in Africa
- Investigate the existing services supporting maternal and reproductive health in Africa
- Identify desirable approaches and practices in family planning and social behavioral change
- Project and program design and implementation
- Lead the adaptation and implementation of reproductive health projects, aligning them with Senegal's maternal health and family planning strategies.
- Inform daily decisions about the activities, interventions or content created to make sure it’s adapted to the local context and aligned with global health best practices
- Provide subject matter expertise in reproductive health to guide project strategies and interventions.
- Monitor and evaluate project outcomes, ensuring alignment with health indicators and community needs.
- Contribute to the development of health policies and strategies, based on project insights and research.
- Engagement & Capacity Building for Stakeholders and Ministry of Health:
- Communicate proactively with the Ministry of Health (MoH) and other key stakeholders in Maternal & reproductive health to ensure program alignment and compliance with national health policies and build a long term engagement plan.
- Act as the focal touchpoint for the capacity building of the MoH teams on the Pathways segmentation methodology and tools all along the program. Collaborate with the other stakeholders to also ensure that the MoH inputs are continually informing the project direction.
- Coordinate with the MoH, other public health stakeholders to understand their ongoing efforts and issues, their successes and barriers, to inform the research protocol that YUX will carry on.
- Organize and facilitate dissemination and co-design workshops with the MoH, and other stakeholders to share findings
- 3 to 5 years of experience in Public Health programming, with a focus on maternal & reproductive health
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of social and behavior change and community-based approaches
- Experience in engagement with Ministries of Health, ideally in Senegal
- Strong ability to engage and build relationships with various types of stakeholders.
- Experience in content development and advocacy strategies on reproductive health
- Experience in project management, including monitoring and evaluation is a plus.
- Having some experience in qualitative and quantitative research is a plus
- Fluent in French (Native Speaker)
- Proficiency in Wolof and English is a strong advantage
WHAT WE OFFER
- Women candidates are strongly supported.
- You can work from anywhere in Dakar at any time as long as you’re an amazing performer, meet weekly with your YUX colleagues and share our values. Read more here about why we are a people first company
- You’ll have a lot of responsibilities, be in touch with high profile partners and have to find a lot of answers by yourself like an entrepreneur.
- This position and salary can grow if we’re successful and manage to replicate similar initiatives in other countries. We also offer a bonus for leadership positions in our industry verticals Health, Education, Agriculture and Fintech, if you’d like to take one ;-)
- We provide health insurance, annual flight tickets, support to go to international conferences, a laptop, training budget and internal training programs.
- Our company is the leading research & design company started from the African continent and we want to keep on sharing and inspiring even more – so join us, we need you!
- More about us at yux.design and social media @helloyux
HOW TO APPLY
- Apply now by sending your resume and a few words of motivation (please, not a boring cover letter)