YUX is a pan-African research and design company. We imagine an Africa where people's needs, culture & identity are reflected in the products that they use - that is why we support organisations of all sizes in creating solutions that are adapted to the African continent. We are a multicultural team of 50 researchers, designers and engineers based between Dakar, Abidjan, Kigali, Nairobi, Accra and Lagos and we partner with global organisations like Wikipedia, Médecins Sans Frontières, UNICEF, IRC, Wikipedia and Google. To inspire others and make human centered design more accessible, we created the research software LOOKA and the YUX Design Academy.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a young and driven Public Health Program Manager to lead a 2-year program in partnership with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF), Senegal’s Ministry of Health and the global design firm Sonder Collective. The goal of this engagement, which could then expand to other countries, is to adapt the Pathways initiative to the Senegalese context. Pathways is aimed at identifying the social, cultural, and environmental factors that amplify dimensions of maternal and infant vulnerability among highly marginalized families across low-resource settings in order to develop targeted solutions that have lasting positive impact on reproductive, maternal, neonatal, and child health outcomes. Senegal is the 5th country in the world chosen to implement this highly innovative, data and design-driven approach.
- MoH & Stakeholders Engagement:
- Communicate proactively with the Ministry of Health (MoH) and other key stakeholders in Maternal & reproductive health to ensure program alignment and compliance with national health policies and build a long term engagement plan.
- Act as the focal touchpoint for the capacity building of the MoH teams on the Pathways segmentation methodology and tools all along the program. Collaborate with Sonder Collective and the BMGF to also ensure that the MoH inputs are continually informing the project direction.
- Coordinate with the MoH, the Ouagadougou partnership members and other public health stakeholders to understand their ongoing efforts and issues, their successes and barriers, to inform the research protocol that YUX will carry on.
- Organize and facilitate dissemination and co-design workshops with the MoH, Ouagadougou partnership members and other stakeholders to share findings so that Pathways learnings can inform the national family planning strategy
- Project and partners’ Management
- Understand partners’ expectations, manage timely delivery and high quality of services and ensure a fluid and regular communication at all times.
- Coordinate the YUX team’s activities, deadlines and deliverable
- Prepare and facilitate co-design activities with stakeholders to develop concepts to improve FP uptake and sustained usage in the targeted countries
- Collaborate with Sonder and Ideas42 in prototyping and testing prioritized concepts. Develop the final project report to be submitted to the Ministry.
- Build capacity of YUX’s designers and researchers on public health related topics and framework.
- Regularly analyze program data and partners’ feedback to identify areas for improvement and optimize program outcomes.
- Effectively communicate program objectives, strategies, and results to internal and external audiences.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in public health program management, preferably in liaising with government health authorities in Senegal
- Strong knowledge of public health principles and practices, ideally with a focus on Maternal and reproductive health and family planning.
- Demonstrated experience in program or project planning, implementation, coordination.
- Fluent in French (Native Speaker)
- Proficiency in Wolof and English is a strong advantage
- Women candidates are strongly supported.
- You can work from anywhere in Dakar at any time as long as you’re an amazing performer, meet weekly with your YUX and Ministry colleagues and share our values. Read more here about why we are a people first company
- We like to have fun and don’t take ourselves too seriously - but our work is complex and very serious.
- You’ll have a lot of responsibilities, be in touch with high profile partners and have to find a lot of answers by yourself like an entrepreneur.
- This position may be the highest paid in the entire company depending on your profile, and it can also grow if we’re successful and manage to replicate similar initiatives in other countries. We also have a bonus for leadership positions on our industry verticals Health, Education, Agriculture and Fintech.
- We provide health insurance, annual flight tickets, support to go to international conferences, a laptop, training budget and internal training programs.
- Our company is the leading research & design company started from the African continent and we want to keep on sharing and inspiring even more designers. We’re not only having fun, we are also fighting to prove that Africa can be recognized for amazingly useful digital services – so join us, we need you!
- More about us at yux.design and social media @helloyux
- Apply before October 30st
HOW TO APPLY
- Apply before October 30st by sending your resume and a few words of motivation (please, not a boring cover letter)